Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 5: My Dreams

I got thrown off track...life does that and this is literally the first time I've sat down on the computer since Friday at work so here comes days 5, 6, & 7.

To My Dreams:

"What happens to a dream deferred?  Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun?  Or fester like a sore then run..."-Langston Hughes

My, my have you changed since my childhood!  I remember wanting to be a lawyer, until I realized I'd have to actually speak in front of people on a daily basis...from there I thought I'd go into business but I hate math and then came my desire to help people, whether in teaching, social work or what I ended up studying in school, speech pathology...along the way my plans changed, life got rough, money must be made to feed my babies and care for my house and it seems I've forgotten all about you...but I haven't...I still think of you often but fear is keeping me from you.  When I prepare to reach out and grasp you fear takes a hold of me and binds my hands. I will one day fight the fear, grasp hold to you and accomplish it all!!! This is simply temporary, I will not let you dry up like a raisin in the sun, I will fulfill each and every single dream I've had...it's my time to shine...watch and see!

Peace & Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment